Thinking of selling your home or just want to undertake some simple preventative maintenance? High-pressure roof cleaning and washing from Hudson Roofing will add value to your home and keep your tile roof looking great for years.
Your roof is one of the most dominant features when viewing your home from the street. It’s also keeps out moisture and protects your property from the harsh Australian climate. If you are preparing your house for sale, a thorough high-pressure wash of your roof to remove moss, mould lichen and general grime can increase your home’s street appeal and add thousands of dollars to its value. Regular roof cleaning is also important to help prevent damage to your tiles caused by the accumulation of growths and helps your roof to maintain its good looks and waterproofing qualities.
Doing the job right
With more than 10 years experience, Hudson Roofing is a fully licensed and insured team of roofing professionals dedicated to ensuring our customers receive the best possible service at a value-for-money price.
All our tradesmen are fully licensed and insured and our gentle roof pressure washing methods will ensure:
- All damaging dirt and debris is removed
- Valleys, gutters and downpipes are cleaned and cleared.
- Harmful and unsightly moss, mould, lichen and algae are thoroughly removed.
After the roof washing process is completed and the roof is dry, we will conduct a final inspection to determine if any repairs such as replacing broken tiles or re-pointing are needed. Generally, this is all that’s required for terracotta tiled roofs but if you have cement tiles extra steps may be necessary.
Since they are more porous, cement tiles can begin to break down and allow water to penetrate. To prevent this from occurring, our friendly tradesmen may also recommend:
- Buffing the tiles to restore their original colour and appearance
- Applying primer that helps to deflect the sun’s harmful UV rays and fill the porous surfaces to repel water
- Painting for a durable, waterproof finish that significantly adds to the beauty of your roof
- Sealing the surface to protect the colour and preserve the durability of the tiles
Trust only the roofing professionals
Don’t be tempted by the idea of attempting to wash your roof yourself simply for the satisfaction of saving a few pennies. Although a tile roof is durable enough to last for up to 100 years, it is not designed to be walked on and you may end up causing tremendous damage to the roof or even sustaining severe personal injury.
- Wet tile roofs are extremely slippery and hazardous
- Individual tiles are very delicate and can break easily
- Pressure cleaning a roof, even at a low PSI, requires a high level of care
- Pressure roof cleaning requires the right cleaning agents
- Our qualified tradesmen know what to look for to determine if repairs are needed
- Using a licensed tradesman means any repairs necessary can be performed immediately
- Hudson Roofing is fully licensed and insured
- We offer a 10 year guarantee on all workmanship